The Jammu and Kashmir Skill Development Mission Society (JKSDM) has been constituted by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir in June, 2016. The Mission aims to integrate various skill development efforts in the state and train unskilled and semi- skilled youth of the state and connect them with the job market.
The purpose of the Mission is to create an all-encompassing integrated structure for streamlining various skill development programmes and play a pivotal role in monitoring, coordination, facilitating and providing overall policy direction for skill development activities in J&K.
- To draw out an integrated strategy for enhancing employability of the youth in the state.
- To develop a comprehensive policy for skill development of all the human resources in the state as per the local/national/global job requirements so that the same are optimally utilized.
- To streamline, monitor implementation of different skill development programmes and facilitate processes so that targets are achieved within their time frame.
- To ensure that the various skill development programmes are proceeding firmly in the direction of imparting demand driven skill to the youth and that the quality standards of training are maintained.
- Empowering the youth of the state, train & mentor them in skill development keeping track of their growth and ensure their progress towards self- reliance.